We are committed to protecting users' privacy. Keeping the Personal Information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use, disclose and maintain your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail).
Send an email to the Privacy Administrator at email@example.com, or you may contact us via regular mail at:
228 PARK AVE S #39851
NEW YORK, NY 10003-1502
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
228 PARK AVE S #39851
NEW YORK, NY 10003-1502
Attn: SurveyU Community Administrator
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information: When we use the term "Personal Information" we mean information such as your first/middle initial or name and last name, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, Skype handle, blog or other personal website URL, date of birth, e-mail address, gender, ethnicity and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personal Information also includes information about your personal preferences, survey responses and your transactions or relationship with us, if you have been a user of the Site or you have provided this type of information to us. In addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and maintain information about your computer's internet address and website which may have referred or directed you to the Site (e.g., the referring URL).
We collect Personal Information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use any services, features or functions of the Site, participating in activities or surveys, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience on the Site, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize the activities and surveys that are offered to you when you visit the Site according to your preferences and personal characteristics.
Collection of Personal Information During Registration. To register as a member of the Site, you are required to provide other Personal Information, such as your email address and password ("Access Credentials"), first and last name, gender, date of birth, country and zip code. We will allow you to change your email address and password, as well as certain other Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information you have given us in order to keep your information current. You will not be able to change your date of birth without sufficient verification.
All aspects of the Site are free for you to use. We will never charge you money for your use of any part of the Site. You will also have the right to opt-out (unsubscribe) or change your preferences at any time by logging in and changing the settings in your account. You may also opt-out to email communications by terminating your membership.
Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to personalize and allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site, such as chat rooms, message boards, electronic mail services, messaging services, registration and member profile pages.
Use of Personal Information in Connection with Survey Research. We may use characteristics about you such as age, academic status, gender and/or ethnicity for personalizing the activities presented to you when you visit the Site. For more information, please see "Cookies and Other Technology" section.) You submit this Personal Information at the time of your registration; it is part of your online profile and associated with your User ID. By registering for the Site, you have affirmatively consented to the use of such information for survey research purposes. In order to withdraw your consent to use such information for survey research purposes, you shall need to deactivate your account on the Site by logging into the Site, clicking the "Quit membership" link under the 'About Me' button.
Use of Personal Information in Connection with Survey Research; Opt-out Procedures. We, or our Affiliates, may contact the Site’s registered users or other users that have registered for or participated in various survey research activities, or we may send invites or reminders to participate in future survey research activities.
You may "opt out" of receiving e-mails or text messages from us at any time by logging into the Site, clicking the "Quit membership" link under the 'About Me' button, to un-register your account, however, we may continue to contact you via email for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account, any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any survey research activities you have participated in or have entered, or other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
In the event that we unknowingly send an email or text message to a child (a person under the age of 13) or Ineligible Teenager who has registered with the Site, the child (or Ineligible Teenager) or the child’s (or Ineligible Teenager’s) parent or legal guardian always has the right to unsubscribe (opt-out) from receiving future emails or text messages via the unsubscribe mechanism by logging into the Site, clicking the "Quit membership" link under the 'About Me' button. The same unsubscribe process is available to a parent or legal guardian of a minor (a person under the age of 18, or the age of majority in your state). Please see the "Review, Update, or Delete Your Personal Information" Section below for details.
Use of Communities. If you use any of the member-to-member community features and functions made available on or through the Site (e.g. group chat sessions or bulletin boards), please remember that any information disclosed in these venues is automatically made public. You should exercise caution when disclosing any Personal Information in the Communities, as you do not know who will access and use your Personal Information or for what purposes. The Site is in no way responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information, including Personal Information, that you disclose or receive through these venues and you should assume that any disclosure you do make in these venues will be available publicly, even without your knowledge or authorization.
We caution that most wireless transmissions are not secured and there is a greater risk of an unknown third party’s interception of messages or a user’s Personal Information when using a wireless communications device.
Users that register for wireless activities acknowledge, understand and agree that they will be charged by the user’s wireless carrier for all messages sent to the user from the Site, the Company or its Affiliates. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will the Site, the Company, or Affiliates be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by a user or by a person that has access to a user’s wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
Registration. To the extent we provide wireless activities, there are two registration methods provided for wireless activities. Standard rate wireless activities will be subject to the registration method used, at the discretion of the Site depending on the type of wireless activity.
Termination of Wireless Activities by the Site. A user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the Site may, in its sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate its offer of any specific wireless activities or all wireless activities at any time without advance notice. The Site may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Site.
Use of Information. The Site will not use a wireless telephone number, wireless or conventional Internet email address, or other Personal Information submitted for its wireless activity for any other purpose but to provide the service requested, unless we provide advance notice of any other use. We will not share such Personal Information with third parties unless you opt-in to such disclosure. We will share such Personal Information with the operational service providers that assist us in delivering these wireless activities to you and with the Site, the Company and Affiliates.
3. Accuracy and Confidentiality: It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or Personal Information or you fail to update such information or Personal Information.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your Access Credentials, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site by any others who use your Access Credentials, unless and until you notify us that your Access Credentials may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
4. Cookies and Other Technologies: We use 'cookies' and other similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons (also known as image tags, GIF or web bugs) to collect non-personal "click stream" data regarding your visits to the Site, such as your visits to the Site’s webpages, use of our features, and purchasing history or preferences. Your Personal Information (such as name, email address and password) is not collected as part of this process.
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals communicated from internet browsers.
Although we may track the numbers of users to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all users, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services, improve the look of the Site and display surveys and activities. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie or image tag is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all such devices. This is done through your browser. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features of the Site that make your Internet experience more efficient and enjoyable - like the features mentioned above - and some of our other services will not function properly.
Notice for Certain Device Manufacturers: Certain device manufacturers, such as Apple, preset their browsers to block cookies from websites other than those you visit directly. As a result, certain services will not work for browsers left in this default setting. Review your device manufacturers’ manual or contact your device manufacturers’ customer service for your options.
Clients. We may sometimes append some of the Personal Information you provide us to your responses for the purpose of providing context to results we provide to our clients. Clients must consent to use your Personal Information only for Survey Research purposes and will not contact you or use this information for any other reason unless you provide consent for them to do so.
Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as "operational service providers". We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site. Additionally, such operational service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own purposes.
Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We will make your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
7. Security & Protection of Personal Information: We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
8. Phishing: Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
9. Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information: Generally, you may review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site. You may also correct factual inaccuracies. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age, cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. To review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site, please sign in to your Site account with your Access Credentials at the site home page. Then, click on "About Me" link to change, update, or delete your Personal Information. Personal Information collected for certain activities are subject to corporate and regulatory record keeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user’s request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 13 years old.
Parents (including legal guardians) of children under the age of 18 who wish to terminate their child’s or Ineligible Teenager’s membership must use their child’s Access Credentials to gain direct access to the account, and select "About Me". We will not allow direct access to a user’s account and Personal Information by any person without the user’s Access Credentials (please see above for how to change your preferences or the information associated with your account). If a parent does not have his or her child’s or Ineligible Teenager’s User ID, the parent will be required to send an email to the Privacy Administrator that includes the parent’s name, address, telephone and email address, in addition to the child’s name and email address as registered on the Site, plus the child’s date of birth. The parent must also provide verifiable identification that they are the parent of the ineligible child. The Company will send a confirming email to the parent via the email address provided to verify that the parent wishes to terminate his or her child’s account and registration. The parent must then confirm by sending a reply email to the designated return address. The Company will then terminate the child’s account but will notify the child of the termination request via email and will identify the name, address and email address of the person making the request.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions. We also reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe that they have fraudulently signed up with multiple Access Credentials or have provided fraudulent or misleading information via any surveys or activities. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.